The Year of Consecrated Life with a special Mass at the Cathedral.
The Peoria Association for Religious Life (PEARL) had the idea to bring together those in the consecrated life, along with the priests and the lay faithful of the Diocese of Peoria to celebrate the Year of Consecrated Life. So, we decided to hold a conference.
Pope Francis, in his apostolic letter for the Year of Consecrated Life, had said that it was a duty of those in the consecrated life to wake up the world, which is where the name for the conference came from.
Those main aims of the year were for consecrated individuals to:
- Look to the past with gratitude
- Live the present with passion
- Embrace the future with hope
- Enjoy these pictures of the Wake up the World Conference.
- Article: Religious communities invite all to Wake Up the World Conference
- Article: Religious share the joy of their consecration with one another
- Article: Religious communities gather for Wake Up the World Conference
- Article: Former model, actor, athlete: Fame is fleeting, God is eternal
- Article: Celebrate women religious of Quad Cities area at May 24 event
- Article: Women religious of Quad Cities region celebrated, appreciated
Open Houses for the Year of Consecrated Life
- Article: Several religious communities will host open houses in February
- Article: Franciscans open motherhouse, welcome more than 500 guests
- Conventual Franciscans live Gospel life in prayer and fraternity
- Consecrated Life series spotlights Institute of Charity (Rosminians)
- Champaign woman diocese’s 5th consecrated to Order of Virgins
- Consecrated Life Series: Franciscan Sisters of John the Baptist
- Consecrated Life series profiles the Heading Avenue Franciscans
- Consecrated Life Series: Friars of St. John the Baptist Province
- Consecrated Life Series: The Sisters of Mary of the Presentation
- Consecrated Life Series: The East Peoria Franciscans
- Salesian “family” makes youth education, evangelization a priority
- ‘Pierced Hearts’ place lives at service of Jesus, Mary, magisterium
- Alton Franciscans seek to make ‘merciful love of Christ’ visible
- Meet the Dominican Sisters of Mary, Mother of the Eucharist
- Benedictine Sisters known for their open-hearted hospitality
- Two commitments: Holy Cross priest, and Bishop of Peoria
- Community of St. John seeks to be an ‘oasis of light and love’
- Benedictine monks continue to heed call to pray and work